Monday, September 29, 2008

Katrina Kaif is smiling a lot these days

Katrina Kaif is smiling a lot these days. She has reasons to – five of her consecutive films have been hits, something that even top heroines can't boast of. Namastey London, Apne, Partner, Welcome and Race, all have put her in the bracket of top actresses. It's been six years that Katrina's been around, but the last couple of years have been satisfying to say the least. "I feel grateful. It's wonderful when people want to see your films. It proves that my work is appreciated," she says.

But Katrina Kaif acknowledges that some of her films have not done well also. "I guess you can't predict which film will do well and which won't. If success is in your fate, no one can take it from you," smiles the pretty actress.

The last year has been very good for Katrina. This year too she's been on a roll, having signed a Rs 6-crore deal with Studio 18. A number of other production houses also have been chasing her to sign on the dotted line. We even heard that she's inked a two-film deal with Reliance Big Films and has been paid a whopping sum that leaves rivals Aishwarya Rai and Kareena Kapoor's pay packets behind. "Yes, I have signed a deal with Studio 18 but the films are yet to go on floors. The money is not so important. I have no idea how much Aishwarya and Kareena are paid. But I am happy to be counted among them. I am years junior to them and being compared to them is a high. It does mean a lot to me," smiles the pretty actress. She, however, dismisses rumours of a deal with Reliance Big Films. "There's no point in signing a lot of films and not doing justice to them. I don't want to work just for money. I already have too many films in hand."

Katrina has worked with many of A-list heroes, from Salman Khan to Saif Ali Khan to Akshay Kumar. "I am lucky to have worked with A-listers. The more you work them, the more experience you gain. And I firmly believe that if you work sincerely, you are accepted by people easily." The one person Katrina is looking forward to working with is Hrithik Roshan.

Many of her rivals have tried their hand with parallel cinema. Ash did films like Raincoat, Provoked and Chokher Bali while Kareena experimented with Omkara and Chameli. Does Katrina also want to go for a deglamourised role? "If the script is good I will. But I do think the audiences prefer me in glam roles and I doubt they will accept me in a role without makeup. I won't do such a project just for the heck of it," she replies.

Soon, the lady will be seen with beau Salman Khan in Yuvraj. She's returning with her hit hero Akshay Kumar yet again in Vipul Shah's Singh Is Kinng, taking to three the total number of films she has done with him. "It's a typical 'masala' film. I am also doing a Yash Raj Films project with John Abraham and Neil Mukesh and a Raj Kumar Santoshi film with Ranbir Kapoor, both of which will go on the floors by the end of the year," Katrina elaborates.

That's as far as her work goes. Though she has not admitted to being Salman's off-screen love, Katrina has no qualms admitting she gets along famously with her beau's family. "Salman's mother is a lovely lady. His sisters are also very nice. It's a wonderful family and they care for me a lot. I bond with them very well," she says.

Bonding with their to-be 'bahu'? Maybe later, but for now, Kat's happy being the Bollywood cream.

No comments: